Friday, September 10, 2010

First Dip in the Pool and Demo Begins

Today was really really hot in Florida, like 90's and high humidity. We fed the kids dinner at the old house and told them we'd go for the inaugural dip in our very own pool afterward. They ate dinner like little angels. They were so excited.



Afterward, demo on the laminate wood flooring began.... see pictures of Rita and Tim in action. The first room took me less than an hour, which was pretty pleasantly surprising. The second room is the combination formal living room, dining room, hallway, and leads into the guest bedroom. It's a much bigger space by a factor of 3 or 4. In fact, as I type this, Tim is still over at the Broken House finishing up tearing the rest of the Pergo away. Surprisingly, on the underside of the flooring we saw that the pergo was made in Germany. Who knew Germans were into that kind of flooring? I always figured them for concrete, steel, glass, but Pergo??




















The Pergo was not that hard to pull up once I stopped using my bare fingers, and started using a pry bar. Go figure. Also, the green knee pads, while fashionably.... the obvious choice.... were awesome and I am so happy I bought them.

Also, the Great Wallpaper Peel began tonight. That is going to be a doozy, I can tell. After about an hour, all I have to show is two rows peeled away.That's with hot water, a scoring tool, and a hand steamer. This is going to be a long project! Pictures of that maybe later this weekend. Mind you, our air conditioner in this house is non-functional so it's open doors and windows and not much else for relief from the heat, other than a jump in the pool. I'm not complaining, but I have had the thought that the poor people that lived in Florida 50 or 100 years ago must have been nuts.

No comments:

Post a Comment